I never EVER switch up my beauty routine. I often find that I’m in a beauty rut because I don’t make any changes. I fall in love with something (i.e. Trader Joe’s moisturizer) and am still using it 4 years later. I’m sure new and better products are out there but I’m too nervous to try any because I’m just not gifted when it comes to make-up. Well, get ready to be impressed because I have stumbled across some new and favorite beauty products.
1. Urban Decay- Revolution Lipstick | I honestly don’t know if I will ever wear another brand again. This stuff does not come off. Once it’s on, it is on! I hate re-applying when I’m on the go because I can never keep it in my lip line. (My top lip is basically nonexistent.) And I’m currently crushing on the color Anarchy. Seriously, I can’t get enough. I try to plan outfits that will allow me to wear this bright fuchsia shade!
2. Rosehip Oil | I’ve added rosehip oil to my nightly routine and it works so great. I’m not one that’s really into the whole oil scene. It confuses me and I can’t keep anything straight. (I was also terrified to use oil because I have such oily skin.) But fear not because this stuff is way better than any crazy expensive night cream. Rosehip oil particularly helps with anti-aging, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and helps with sun damage. For this freckly face, it was a no brainer!
3. Too Faced- Better Than Sex Mascara | If you had asked me 6 weeks ago what mascara I use, I would’ve said They’re Real. I don’t think I’ve switched mascara’s since I discovered it years ago…until now. I tried Better Than Sex mascara several weeks ago and I’m OBSESSED. The outcome is just as good as They’re Real with half the work. A couple of swipes of this mascara and it looks like you’ve been working on them for 20 minutes. I swear.
4. Redken Wax Blast 10 | I LOVE this wax spray! It’s basically a texturizing spray that you use after you blow-dry and style your hair. It gives your hair that not-so-perfect-messy-tousled-curl that I covet so much. It adds volume and texture and you really can’t go wrong when you use it.
5. Evian Mineral Water Spray | Yes, this is literally water. You use it to rehydrate your skin and revive your makeup. Don’t ask me how, but spray this on your face a couple of hours after you’ve done your makeup (and you’re starting to feel like a hot mess) and you suddenly look/feel fresh again. I keep it in my carry-on because it’s perfect for long flights. If you ever feel like your face is drying out or just icky…you’ll love this!
It only took me a whole year to finally try enough beauty products to share with y’all. These 5 were definitely my faves and they’re here to stay!